Housing Production Plan
The Town, MetroWest Collaborative Development, Inc., and the Metropolitan Area Planning Council are working to develop a Housing Production Plan which is being funded by a grant from the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development Sustainable Communities Program and the Mass. Dept. of Housing and Community Development Priority Development Fund.
What is a Housing Production Plan?
A “Housing Production Plan” is a document that is approved by the Mass. Dept. of Housing and Community Development and includes the following elements:
- An assessment of our community's housing needs based on an understanding of population trends and regional growth factors
- A numerical goal of units to produce annually
- An appropriate mix of housing types
- Steps for meeting our goals
Reasons to create and adopt a Housing Production Plan:
- It will guide development in ways that best meet our community’s needs
- It will result in housing units that help our current and future residents
- It could provide more local control for decisions regarding 40B housing developments
To learn more about the plan process/updates, visit the MWCD website