Housing Production Plan
The Town, MetroWest Collaborative Development, Inc., and the Metropolitan Area Planning Council are working to develop a Housing Production Plan which is being funded by a grant from the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development Sustainable Communities Program and the Mass. Dept. of Housing and Community Development Priority Development Fund.
Please share your comments with planning staff
What is a Housing Production Plan?
A “Housing Production Plan” is a document that is approved by the Mass. Dept. of Housing and Community Development and includes the following elements:
- An assessment of our community's housing needs based on an understanding of population trends and regional growth factors
- A numerical goal of units to produce annually
- An appropriate mix of housing types
- Steps for meeting our goals
Reasons to create and adopt a Housing Production Plan:
- It will guide development in ways that best meet our community’s needs
- It will result in housing units that help our current and future residents
- It could provide more local control for decisions regarding 40B housing developments
To learn more about the plan process/updates, visit the MWCD website