Health Department Updates
- The Watertown Health Department has a very limited supply of 20 COVID-19 vaccines because of this the clinic is extremely limited and priority will be given to Watertown residents 65 and over. Clinic attendees will be required to provide proof of age eligibility and Watertown residency. The COVID-19 vaccine clinic will take place on 04/12/2021 from 10am-1pm at Watertown Savings Bank Room at the Watertown Public Library on 123 Main Street.
Registration for the clinic can be done by following this link:
This clinic is by appointment only and no walk ins will be accepted.
Please be aware registration on the waitlist does NOT guarantee a vaccination appointment and if you receive a call you must be available in order to get the vaccine.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection will take place on April 24, 2021 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Minuteman Household Hazardous Product Collection Facility at the Lexington Compost Facility at 60 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421 please complete the REQUIRED registration form: https://acv-test-forms.formstack.com/forms/minuteman
- Any individual who is eligible for vaccination can visit COVID-19 Vaccine | Mass.gov for more information. Massachusetts COVID-19 vaccination locations can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccination-locations#find-a-location-to-get-vaccinated-if-eligible-. If you require assistance in registering or have questions, please call Massachusetts 2-1-1.
We will continue to post information on our webpage, social media and COVID 19 page
The mission of the Watertown Health Department is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and disability, and access and improve the health status of the community. Its divisions include:
- Animal Control
- Board of Health
- Community Health Services
- Community Wellness Programs
- Educational Resources
- Emergency Preparedness
- Tobacco Control
Click the link for the Health Departments latest annual report (PDF)
Duties & Responsibilities
Environmental Health Services consist of mandated and non-mandated inspection programs including, but not limited to: Housing, Body Art, Food Establishments, Odor Noise and Dust, Tanning Establishments, Hazardous Waste Inspection, Lead Paint and Asbestos.
A full-time animal control officer (ACO) provides services for Watertown. The ACO responds to citizens’ complaints and enforces the provisions of the Animal Control Ordinance. The department hosts an annual rabies day for cats and dogs under the auspices of town veterinarian Thomas Cusick, D.V.M.
The Health Department offers a variety of free community health services to its residents such as: Tuberculosis Screening (Mantoux test), Flu & Pneumonia Clinics, Blood Pressure Screening and Health Education.