Commission on Disability
The Commission on Disability meets on the third Wednesday, ten months per year from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM. The Personnel Director is the ADA Coordinator and provides support to the Commission.
Address: Commission on Disability c/o Personnel Department, 149 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472.
Email the Commission on Disability
Kim Charlson, Chair - 57 Grandview Avenue, Term Expires: November 1, 2022
Naomi Ridge - 17 Nyack Street, Term Expires: November 1, 2023
Elan Rohde - 43 Partridge Street, Term Expires: November 1, 2023
Megan O'Halloran - 15 Longfellow Road, Term Expires: November 1, 2021
Carol Menton - 170 Main Street, Unit 201, Term Expires: November 1, 2021
Carol Wilson-Braun - 112 Irving Street, Term Expires: November 1, 2022,
Lisa Feltner, Town Council - 34 Parker Street, Term Expires: November 1, 2022
Term Expiration: 11/1/22Lisa Feltner, Town Council, Term Expires: November 2022
John Hawes, Jr. - 110 Garfield Street, Term Expires: November 1, 2023
Elizabeth Gifford - 20 Summer Street, Apt. 312, Term Expires November 1, 2021
- Research local concerns experienced by people with disabilities and their families.
- Advise / assist municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws affecting people with disabilities.
- Coordinate / carryout programs designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities and their families.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and services affecting people with disabilities and their families.
- Provide Closed Captioning for Town Council Meetings.
- Provide information, referrals, guidance, and technical assistance in all matters pertaining to disability.
- Help coordinate activities of other local groups organized for similar purposes.
Vacancy / Term
Nine members, three-year term
The Commission on Disability past and present meeting minutes can be found here:
The 2012 4th edition Accessible Dining Guide can be downloaded here: