Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee
|Member's Name||Address||Position||Term Expires|
|Jesse Hammond||16 Putnam Street||February 15, 2023|
|Sheila Fay||557 Mt. Auburn St, Suite 2||February 15, 2020|
|Andy Compagna||81 Robbins Road||Chair||February 15, 2020|
|Ethan Davis||17 Bates Road East||February 15, 2021|
|Janet Jameson||26 Winsor Avenue||February 15, 2022|
|Maria Saiz||83 Hovey Street||February 15, 2022|
|Amy Plovnick||29 Ashland Street||February 15, 2022|
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee work to promote non-motorized transportation in Watertown. The primary activities of the Committee are advocacy for the interests of bicyclists and pedestrians in road construction projects; sponsorship and organization of special bicycling events; administration of the Safe Routes to School program in Watertown elementary schools; advocacy for improved bicycle parking facilities; promotion of commuting alternatives; and providing relevant materials, both on-line and printed, for bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists.
Nine Members, Three Year Term, Manager Appointed
- 7:30 p.m.
- First Monday of each month (except major holidays or where noted)
- Town Hall, Administration Building, 149 Main Street, in the Lower Hearing Room (unless otherwise noted)
Anyone interested in any aspect of bicycling or walking in Watertown is encouraged to come and participate in one of our monthly meetings.
Meetings are open to the public.
Contact the planning staff for the committee at 617-972-6417 or contact the committee by email to learn about agenda items and projects.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are typically available 2 days prior to the meeting:
Minutes become available once they are approved (typically one month from the meeting date):
- Community Path (PDF)and DCR's Watertown-Cambridge Greenway - Planning local bicycle and pedestrian paths
- School Street to Grove Street and Grove Street to Fresh Pond
- School Street West
- Advocating for bicycle and pedestrian accommodations on the roadway and in new developments
- Implementing Bicycle Accommodation Master Plan (PDF) and Bicycle Parking Plan (PDF)
- Sponsoring bicycle rides, education, and other events
- Watertown Historic Bicycle Tour (PDF) - a 6-mile self-guided tour of historic Watertown